S’il est encore nécessaire de le prouver, voici quelques extraits (en anglais) d’un article du blog de e-consultancy sur la force et la puissance des médias sociaux dans le paysage mondial de la communication :
- Social networks and blogs are the 4th most popular online activities, including beating personal email. 67% of global users visit member communities and 10% of all time spent on the internet is on social media sites.
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the fourth most populated place in the world. This means it easily beats the likes of Brazil, Russia and Japan in terms of size.*
- 80% of companies use, (or are planning to use), LinkedIn as their primary tool to find employees during the course of this year. The site has just celebrated reaching its 45-millionth membership.
- Around 64% of marketers are using social media for 5 hours or more each week during campaigns, with 39% using it for 10 or more hours per week.
Et la statistique qui, à mon sens, est la plus parlante :
- It took radio 38 years to reach 50 million listeners. Terrestrial TV took 13 years to reach 50 million users. The internet took four years to reach 50 million people… In less than nine months, Facebook added 100 million users !
En savoir plus : « 20+ more mind-blowing social media statistics«